Monday, August 18, 2008

Its been a while




I havent posted for a while because I have been busy. I have however watched a lot of movies and one that sticks out as being THE WORST MOVIE I HAVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME is Roland Emmerich's 10,00BC

What the fuck! this is cinematic sewage-- I cannot remember the last time I watched 90% of a dvd on fast forward and still managed to not care what was happening just to make sure I got my $8 of rental fees worth.

A movie so dul and uninspired that a voice over tells us the whole films plot- at the begining of the film! Actiong so atrocious it makes Shortland Street look good.
Avoid it at all costs.
On the other hand I did watch Eastern Promises wihich stars Viggo Morternsen adn Naomi Watts, the films ploit centres around the death of a prostitute and her now orphaned baby. All this is set in London Russian Mafia underground. Mortensen nails his Russian Badass and makes you empathise with his sadistic killer. This is not a film for the faint hearted, considering one of the major actioin set pieces (p.s THIS IS NOT AN ACTION FILM) is a knife fight with a completely naked Mortensen in a mens sauna.

Crime thriller fans will lap up the labyrinth plot - which is a tad easy to figure out. This film is also quite brief but gets you involved right from the start

8/10

No comments: